Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ho Chi Minh City....arrival...

Left Hoi An for Ho Chi Minh City to complete my two week visit of Vietnam.  To save 14 hours on a train took a plane for the same cost. 

Arrived in Ho Chi Minh City (formerly Saigon) Saturday night to see the full on craziness of the backpacker district where my hotel was located.  I suppose I am getting old and I retreated back to my hotel to get some sleep.  Like a lot of the hotels around here, it is located in a quiet alley just away from the action.


I have not traveled enough to lose the thrill of getting on a plane to go somewhere new....
Saturday night in Ho Chi Minh City....

...backpacker district

 



The next morning I found there was a market next to my hotel alleyway
Only busy until about 11am


Hotel alleyway...very quiet...but watch out for motorcycles
Small hostel with dorm rooms and privates
$7 for a dorm bed
Super clean like everyplace in Vietnam
Common bathroom and shower
My small room is on the top floor
Pretty decent room....
...just missing a private bathroom.  But only $15 !!
My nice quiet alley from the balcony view
Ho Chi Minh City....to be discovered...

No comments:

Post a Comment