Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hanoi

These photos do not do Hanoi justice.  Mostly I have been leaving my camera in the hotel, or forgetting to put the battery in, or leaving the memory card in my laptop.  So I only had my camera out for one afternoon and evening.

Hanoi really is an extremely lively and dynamic city full of friendly people.  It has to be visited to be appreciated.  If you are coming to Asia for a vacation this place should be on your list.  There are 4 seasons here and if you come in the cool spring or fall it will be a lovely break from the heat and humidity.


Ho Chi Minh's mausoleum is a must visit.  His body is on display inside and you get to walk past in a long line of people
Fortunately Hanoi still allows vendors free reign in the city


There is a beautiful lake in the middle of town.  My hotel was one block away and I spent a lot of time here


The XLarge t-shirt I bought from her yesterday was neither cotton or XLarge


The traffic looks crazy but get on a motorcycle and it is easy to get around as no one drives too fast


The street food vendors are alive and well.  Great food at each one of them




Small red chairs are everywhere on the sidewalk




Had the same fish soup a few times




More smiles in Hanoi then any other place I can remember....

No comments:

Post a Comment