Monday, April 14, 2014

Work never changes

The thing about work as it adds a routine to your day which is hard to get around.  My day starts at Noon and goes to 9PM...so I'm kind of lazy in the morning around the apartment, then I arrive late at the office, and work until 9 or so.  And it does not sound like fun when you are on vacation, but it is actually pretty interesting because it is all brand new to me.  My neighborhood is Tao Payoh, the office is in Yishun, and I pretty well only see those two areas.  Went downtown one time to the exciting Orchard Road to catch a movie, but didn't bring a camera...so all I can do is document here a typical work day....

Off to join the worker bees....it is always sunny and hot

I'm right across the street from a shopping center and the subway station
You know you are in "civilization" when there is a Starbucks on your street
My subway ride is just $1.10 SGD...then I take a bus for $0.73 SGD...so about $1.50 Canadian

Here is the office/warehouse building where I "work"

I have a big deadline and I can't miss it...but I still have time to relax and have fun

I seem to get invited to everything.....there is a birthday down the hall


I nick-named Winnie "Eyelashes" because that is what they sell here...and she wears them well.  I think she is 18


It can sometimes can get "pretty" busy in the shop...my desk has a good view

Today a shipment came in....they arrive once or twice a week from China

The customers get very enthusiastic over the warehouse prices

They also do a lot of wholesale sales to other on-line "resellers"

After work always something to eat


Walk back to the MRT station

There is always an MRT station around...

Back home again there is a coffee-shop open 24 hours just downstairs
It is not expensive or difficult to stop in for a late night beer







No comments:

Post a Comment