Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Short visit to Lombok

Make your own breakfast soup....so delicious
Somehow Expedia got me deal for a luxury hotel in Mataram, Lombok for a couple of nights.  Ok so I couldn't afford to do any of the excursions to see the beauty of Lombok, but I did have a pool, a gym, a beautiful comfortable bed, awesome shower, and the best breakfast buffet.  I recharged my batteries, read my book far too long, and wandered around.  Saw a local beach, a local tourist beach, and a tourist beach....and the contrast of each of those beaches was my best experience on Lombok

Very beautiful Mosque at the break of day
Local beach restaurant....the main course runs around out back
Everyone off the "bus"...we are at the beach. 
Beach boys
No swimsuits here....just jump in
It was a long weekend in Indonesia
Beautiful beach
Riding the bemo....should of negotiated the price before I jumped on
Mataram street
I was here a long time trying to negotiate a taxi price
Whole roast chicken....there was at least 1 tablespoon of meat on that bird
Beautiful Mosque at sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment