Monday, April 7, 2014

Almost drowned in Indonesia....

Had a few beers at the beach and then instead of going home as planned had to pee really bad so went for a swim.

After crashing around in the waves for awhile thought I would see how far out I could swim.  Well you know the rest...but I got back....phew...

It is only when you realize you may be close to drowning that you really get into trouble.  

Now I have locked myself into my little hotel room and will have an early night.  Tomorrow I head for Singapore where I will be put to work for two weeks.  Can't wait for a *normal* regular routine.

Have to say, though, Indonesia is a heck of place.  Friendliest people.

It is a very big country and I only saw a small part of it, would of liked to travel around a bit more as originally planned, but am happy with what I was able to experience. 

A lot of backpackers are always on the go trying to see everything and anything, but I'm just a bit more of a regular traveller I suppose and enjoy being lazy also and look forward to reading books and enjoying the luxury of being away and somewhere different; it is very peaceful to have this time to myself.

It wouldn't of been the same experience without Rina Jr. and Rina Sr. taking the time to show me around Jakarta and opening my eyes to that giant city.  It made all the difference and started my travels off on the right footing.

Makes you think about becoming Vegetarian




No comments:

Post a Comment