Friday, March 28, 2014

The Germans in Bali

Last May I spent a month in Berlin where I fell in love with the German people.  Two German fellows were sitting next to me on my flight to Bali. 

Childhood friends here to celebrate their 30th birthdays, planning their adventure moment-to-moment, and we had a few beers together that evening.  Picked up a bag of beer at the airport store when we first arrived, and then while in traffic Simon and Sebestien jumped out of the taxi and bought more, another couple of beers from the hotel concierge, beer at the beach, more beer at our dinner place, beers at the pool hall where Sebestien played it cool with the local hustler, at the store on the way home, a few more from the hotel concierge....

Then I go to bed at about 1am and they head down to the beach for some swimming and the 24-hour beer store.  They next morning they were still the two nicest guys I have met in a long time.



Sebestien is thoughtful and introspective; Simon is a character from an old German movie.
Legian Beach Bali







1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they had to twist your arm every time they went for a beer.

    ReplyDelete